Last updated on 11 May 2018
This Policy does not apply to the processing of personal data by any means other than the Site and, in particular, as part of the legal services performed by the firm for its clients.
1. DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The controller of personal data collected via the Site is:
SELARL [limited liability law firm] with capital of 102,600 euros
Registered with the PARIS Trade & Companies Register under the number 420483844
Registered office: 63, Avenue des Champs-Elysées – 75008 Paris
Tel: +33 (0)1 43 18 55 00
Nomos has a data protection officer, who can be contacted at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line of your message “For the attention of the Data Protection Officer”.
2. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED VIA THE SITE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING
We collect the following personal data:
• Your first name/surname, name of your organisation and email address, when you fill out the registration form for one or more of our newsletters.
In this case, the legal basis for the processing is the prior obtaining of your consent in the form of your request to subscribe to the newsletters.
• Your email address when you use the “Contact” tab to send us a message by email. Other personal information such as names, postal address, and personal data contained in your messages are collected only if they are provided voluntarily by you when sending your message.
In these cases, the legal basis for the processing is the prior obtaining of your consent in the form of sending your message by email. We do not use this data unless such use is necessary to process your request and is directly related to the purpose for which you provide it to us.
• Your first name/surname, membership of an organisation (where applicable) and email address when you post a comment on the Site. This data is collected by Nomos only in order to identify the author of a comment published on our Site. In this case, the legal basis for the processing is the prior obtaining of your consent in the form of the action you take by posting your comment on our Site. If you do not identify yourself, we will not post your comment on our Site. If you identify yourself, your first name and surname will be visible to the users of the Site.
Required information is marked with an asterisk on the form enabling such data to be collected. This information is necessary for us to process your request or to identify you. If users choose not to provide such information, Nomos will not be able to process their request.
3. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
On the basis of your prior consent, your personal data is collected and processed by Nomos for the following purposes:
• Managing your subscription to newsletters and sending you the newsletters that you have selected;
• Processing your requests and messages sent via the “Contact” tab;
• Identifying the authors of the comments posted on our Site;
• Managing your applications in response to our job offers or in the context of unsolicited applications.
4. RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your data is accessible exclusively:
• to persons belonging to the Nomos firm who need to access such data in the course of carrying out their work;
• to GANDI SAS, host of our Site, which acts as a data processor and in accordance with our instructions exclusively for the purpose of providing hosting services.
We do not transfer personal data outside the European Union.
5. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Nomos retains personal information that users have provided to it for limited periods of time and while maintaining the security of such information.
The data shall be kept for a period which does not exceed the time necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, in particular:
• The data collected for managing your subscription to newsletters is kept for a period of three years from its collection or from the last time you contact the firm. At the end of this period, we will delete your personal data unless you have agreed to give us your consent to continue receiving our newsletters;
• The data collected to answer the requests you send us via the “Contact” tab is kept for a period not exceeding the time required to process the request you have made. The data collected for the management of your application for a position with Nomos will be retained for a maximum of 2 years from the last contact on your part, unless you object to such retention or you are actually offered a position.
• The data collected as part of comments posted on the site are deleted after a period of six months from their posting.
These retention periods do not preclude the exercise of your rights detailed in section 6 of this Policy.
• The Google Analytics “_ga” cookie: this cookie allows us to distinguish you from another user. We use it to measure our site traffic and to establish audience statistics. When this cookie is deposited on your computer during your browsing on our site, it expires at the end of a period of 13 months.
You can disable this cookie by using the browser add-on for opt-out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
• The “cookie_notice_accepted” cookie: If you click on “I accept” in the information bar relating to cookies, this cookie is generated to prevent display of the information bar when you revisit the Site for 1 month.
• The cookie “pll_language”: This cookie allows us to remember the language selected during your visit to the site.
Depending on which browser you use, you will need to follow the instructions below:
Computeur & Windows 10 Mobile
7. YOUR RIGHTS
As part of the protection of your personal data, you have the following rights:
You have the following rights:
• The right to access your personal data free of charge, to request the correction, deletion or portability thereof;
• The right to withdraw your consent for the future, for all or part of the processing concerned;
• The right to object to the processing of your data or to request that such processing be limited;
• The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may exercise all these rights at any time by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com or by sending a letter to the firm’s address mentioned in section 1. In order to facilitate the processing of your request, we invite you to send your message or letter “for the attention of the Data Protection Officer”.
Nomos may be required to make changes to this Policy.
We will ensure that you are informed of these changes by a special notice on our Site, and/or through a personalised notification sent by email.